The Five Freedoms
'The Five Freedoms'
Modified for captive birds/parrots
- FREEDOM FROM HUNGER AND THIRST - to provide a species-specific diet that meets the physical and psychological nutritional needs of captive birds/parrots
- FREEDOM TO EXPRESS NORMAL, INHERENT BEHAVIOUR - flight and beak exercise, natural responses to environmental stimuli
- FREEDOM FROM PAIN, INJURY, DISEASE AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPOVERISHMENT /li>
- FREEDOM FROM DISCOMFORT - adverse temperature/natural elements/inappropriate perching/bedding
- FREEDOM FROM FEAR AND DISTRESS - from physical and verbal human abuse and predatory animals, i.e. dogs, cats, birds of prey reptiles, rodents and such like.
Author of this Modificaton: New Life Parrot Rescue